Development/Adding New Slice Settings
From MatterControl Manual
(Redirected from Adding New Slice Settings)
In MatterControl there are several files that are used to configure SliceSettings
- StaticData/PrinterSettings/config.ini - This is the list of all possible printer settings. Your new type needs to be in here.
- StaticData/SliceSettings/Layouts.txt - This file describes where the setting will be laid out in the ui.
- StaticData/SliceSettings/Properties.txt - This file contains the description of the friendly name and the help for each setting.
How to add a new setting
- Add the setting name to config.ini
- Put the setting name in the right place in Layouts.txt
- Add the friendly name and help text to Properties.txt
If the setting is also applicable to CuraEngine you need to write some code.
- Open - SlicerConfiguration/SlicerMapping/EngineMappingCura.cs
- Add the setting to curaToDefaultMapping. Write translation code if required
If the setting should not be available in Slic3r
- Open - SlicerConfiguration/SlicerMapping/EngineMappingSlic3r.cs
- Add the setting name to hideItems