Send Debugging Information
MatterControl occasionally has issues (*gasp*), but there is often information you can collect which might tell us more about what the problem is.
The following steps could produce some error logs that might tell us more about what's going on:
- Right click on ‘My Computer’ and select ‘Manage.’
- In the menu on the left, navigate to ‘System Tools’ > ‘Event Viewer’ > ‘Windows Logs’.
- Click on ‘Application’ to show logs in the middle window pane, then click ‘Filter Current Log’ in the right window pane, then check ‘Error’ and hit ‘OK’.
- In the right window pane, choose ‘Save Filtered Log File As’. Give the file (should be in .evtx format) a descriptive name.
- Attach the .evtx file to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Describe the circumstances leading up to the crash.
If you are encountering a crash error on Mac follow the steps described below to generate a report:
- Go to the 'Applications' folder
- Locate the MatterControl.app file
- Right-click and select "Show Package Contents"
- Go to 'Contents' > 'MacOS'
- Click the 'MatterControlMac' file (this will start the application and open a terminal window)
- If MatterControl crashes upon startup copy the message that appears in the terminal window immediately
- If the crash is triggered by a specific event, recreate the event and then copy the message that appears
- Send the error message to email@example.com